Thanksgiving is just a day away, so we're here to offer some styling tips for your holiday tablescapes! Let's just right in...
1. Color Palette. Be thoughtful about your palette! Just because it's Thanksgiving doesn't mean you need to go into darker berry or orange hues, but you certainly can if you'd like! Remember that cool colors like blues, purples, whites, and greens tend to make the space feel larger, while warmer colors like reds, oranges, corals, yellows, and pinks can often make the space feel more intimate. Whatever the palette you choose, sprinkle it throughout the tablescape and maybe even other places in your home, through wreaths, ribbon, signage, desserts, etc. Repeating colors provides unity among the gathering.
Designer tip: throwing in some metallic tones like gold, silver, brass or copper (or a mix of them!), is a fun way to brighten things up and add sparkle.
2. Glassware. Think about what types of drinks you'll be serving so you can include the proper stemware.
3. Signature drinks. Perhaps you want to get creative at your gathering! Concocting a few signature drinks for guests to choose from would be a fun way to do that.
Designer tip: don't forget to add garnishes, like mint or lemon peels!
4. Details. As they say, it's all in the details! Little things often make the greatest impact, like place cards, chair decor, beautiful dishes, or vintage napkins. These touches will only make your gathering feel that much more special.
5. Height. Creating different heights not only keeps the eyes interested and moving along your tablescape, but it also creates a sense of depth. You can do this through your floral centerpiece, candle sticks, branches, vases and more.
6. Consider using edible pieces as a part of your tablescape. A delicious surprise for guests, but also a really rich, and affordable option! Perhaps your centerpiece IS your evening's dessert. Get creative!
7. Texture. Maybe it's your place cards, a ribbon around your napkins, your table itself, a runner, your centerpiece, etc. Thinking of fun ways to bring in different textures is sure to offer more warmth to the space!
All photos by Ashley Slater Photography for The Bloom Workshop
What are your best tablescape tips?!