Our Venue | The gorgeous Greencrest Manor, just 45 minutes outside of Grand Rapids, located in Battle Creek, MI. While Michigan isn't exactly the first place that comes to mind when you think about stately manors, Greencrest, in all its ivy-covered glory, is just that. Surrounded by lush gardens, this is one amazing venue that will have you thinking you've been magically transported to the English countryside.
6174 Halbert Road, Battle Creek, Michigan, 49017
Details & Schedule | A glimpse at La Petite Bloom: The Styled Wedding Shoot
Styled inspiration photo shoots are a wonderful tool to use to hone your photography and design skills, as well as creating something beautiful to add to your portfolio, in order to attract your ideal client. At this one-of-a-kind La Petite Bloom Workshop, you will learn exactly how to dream up, execute, and shoot or style an inspiration shoot. With a short teaching portion, the majority of this workshop will be a hands-on experience where guests will have the chance to learn, ask candid questions of the local vendors and artists present, as well as learn from peers. Because of the incredible response we have received about our styled shoots at past Bloom Workshops, we decided to create an entire day dedicated to this area. Oozing with gorgeous touches, bride, groom and bridesmaid models, lovely tablescapes and an awe-inspiring invitation suite, no detail is left untouched. Light snacks and desserts are provided.
12pm - 5pm
Arrive & introductions
Session 1: Step-by-step process of how to create and execute a styled shoot
Session 2: Photography, shot list and details to remember on site
Q&A Panel of Experts
Cost | Early Bird tickets start at $350.
Ticket Inclusions | Here is an outline of what is included in your ticket to La Petite Bloom: The Styled Wedding Shoot
- Guests will walk away with the knowledge and confidence to create and direct a styled shoot. From dreaming up inspiration, choosing vendors, knowing what to expect, what shots to get and what publications are looking for, you will feel excited about planning your next shoot.
- A Q&A panel at the end of our workshop gives guests time to get answers to their burning questions. We use this time to open up questions of all kinds; from personal and work balance to getting insight on best editing techniques, nothing is off limits. Our panelists are all experts in their own creative field and will all have experience with styled shoots, the wedding industry, photography, or design and styling. You'll find this time very comfortable, casual, and informative as we are open to discussing the ins and outs of everything related to inspiration, photo shoots, models, working with vendors, submitting to wedding blogs, etc.
- Networking opportunities. Bloom takes pride in featuring speakers and guests who love to share their hearts and success. You will love the warm environment that sets the stage for developing new lasting friendships, mentors, business partnerships, and collaborations.
- Light snacks, desserts and drinks.
- A fully styled photo shoot, where you will be able to photograph, style and work with models. Photos can be used for your website, portfolio and social media.
- Hands-on training. You'll learn how to shoot in manual with any camera body and learn the basics of ISO, Aperture & Shutter Speed.
- Hands-on training for film photographers; how to load film, film stocks, metering and techniques. Film camera rentals available at contax rental for those who want to try their hand at film photography.
- Guests will receive hands-on demonstrations of the following: posing models, styling invitation suites, arranging vignettes, working through your shot list and more!
- We don't let our guests leave without at least one surprise piece of swag!
Artists & Panelists | These are some of the talented artists who will be involved in our styled shoot & expert panel
A Glimpse | Take a peek at some of our wedding vignettes from our 2016 Wedding Shoot workshop.
Contact | Questions? Want to say hello, get on our waiting list if the event is sold out, or be a part of this workshop? Fill out the form below!